‘Dead’ Brazilian Starts Moving In Body Bag, Revealing He’s Very Much Alive

0

Valdelucio Goncalves may have died from a heart attack, but it’s his brother who will likely need a heart checkup after finding his supposedly deceased sibling alive in a body bag.

n-VALDELUCIO-GONCALVES-largeDoctors declared Goncalves, 54, dead in Salvador, Brazil after “respiratory and multiple organ failure,” the Daily Mail reported this week. His family was notified and made arrangements for the funeral later that day.

Goncalves’ brother, Walterio, was let into the morgue to dress the body when he noticed something weird.

“As I got closer I could see it wriggling. Then I saw it raising and falling as if he was breathing,” he told the Mirror. “I went crazy and shouted for the medical team, the nurse, so they could see what was happening. They checked him and confirmed that he was still alive.”

The staff had to rush to free him; his body had been tied up and his nose and ears were filled with cotton wool, according to the BBC.

The Menandro de Farias Hospital, whose doctors declared Goncalves dead, has launched an investigation.

His niece, Patricia Cintra, told local newspaper Correio 24 Horas that the family was not only mortified — they’d paid for everything.

“We had even bought a coffin and paid a deposit for the funeral,” she said.

Still, she said her prayers had been answered when she found out her uncle was alive. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer three months before the heart attacks.

Goncalves can’t speak, but he wrote a letter claiming that he was brought back from death by a Brazilian saint.

“I, Valdelucio, saw death at my feet, but my faith was so great that I was cured,” he wrote, according to the Daily Mail. “Before Irma Dulce I said, do a miracle in me, and she heard my prayer. I saw my mother telling me, son, hold onto her and you will be saved.”

Man shot in the chest with hands handcuffed behind his back. In the back of a squad car. Coroner rules suicide, of course

0

“My son didn’t shoot himself. I never believed it. I won’t believe it,” said Victor White, Sr., the father of 22-year-old Victor White, III, who back in March, died from a gunshot wound.

4552759_GIt happened while handcuffed in the backseat of an Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office patrol car, during a drug arrest. According to State Police, who are handling the investigation, once at the jail, White refused to exit the vehicle.  As the arresting deputy requested assistance, they say white produced a handgun he had been hiding in his pants, and shot himself in the back.

But the autopsy, performed by the Iberia Parish Coroner’s Office, reports the opposite, listing the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the chest. The family is puzzled as to how he could have shot himself in the chest with his hands cuffed behind his back.

“My initial response was correct, that something was awry, and that something had gone wrong,” said White, Sr.

The manner of death was ruled a suicide. But, the family of White aren’t convinced.

State Police cannot comment, saying it’s an ongoing investigation. White, Sr. says authorities aren’t even talking to the family, leaving them without closure.

“Here is a family that, we are still grieving,” said White, Sr. “I’m angry the autopsy report took so long. I’m angry and frustrated with the fact that it’s still not over.”

Farmworkers kill colleague with oranges

0

1672617507Two men have been arrested after they allegedly assaulted a farmworker with oranges until he died on a farm outside Tzaneen, Limpopo police said on Wednesday.

The men, aged 27 and 30, were taken into custody on Tuesday, said Lt-Col Moatshe Ngoepe.

“Babanto Chauke, 38, and two men had a quarrel, the two [allegedly] started throwing loose oranges at him until he died.”

The men were Chauke’s colleagues at Lakota Farm. They would appear in the Tzaneen Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday, Ngoepe said.

Man who worked in morgue admits to having sex with up to 100 corpses

0

A man who worked in a morgue admitted to having sex with female corpses while at work, federal officials said.

WPTV_Kenneth_Douglas_1408201559401_7401261_ver1.0_640_480Kenneth Douglas, of Hamilton Co. , Ohio,  admitted in court that he sexually abused three corpses while he was drunk or on drugs, but he had sex with up to 100 bodies, he said in a deposition.

“I would just get on top of them and pull my pants down,” said Douglas, who worked the night shift at the morgue from 1976 to 1992.

A jury might conclude the former coroner and morgue director failed “recklessly and wantonly” to supervise Douglas, the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Friday in allowing the suit to continue.

The panel cited evidence that Douglas’ supervisors were aware he was drinking and also having sex with live women while on the job,WCPO reported .

Douglas’ wife testified in a deposition that he reeked of sex when she picked him up from work. She said she called the coroner’s office and reported him, but the morgue supervisor told her to stop calling.
The families of the three victims sued the county in 2012.

Douglas, now 60, was convicted of gross abuse of a corpse in the cases of Karen Range, Charlene Appling and April Hicks in 1991 and 1992.

Douglas also admitted to having sex with bodies being stored while awaiting autopsies.

Douglas’ crimes didn’t come to light until 2008 when DNA connected him to semen found in Range.
Range’s killer, David Steffen, had admitted slaying her but denied raping her.

In 2008, Douglas pleaded guilty in the Range case and was sentenced to three years in prison.

In 2012, he pleaded guilty again in the Appling and Hicks cases.

Their families sued that year.

It was the fourth time the county was sued for failing to protect bodies in the morgue.

“I can’t explain this at all,”  Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said at the time.

Dr. Frank Cleveland was the coroner when Douglas sexually abused those three corpses. Cleveland died in 2011.

“If I hadn’t had anything to drink when I went to work, it wouldn’t happen,” said Douglas. “I would do crack and go in and drink and go in.”

Douglas’ wife said she called the morgue supervisor about her husband smelling like sex and alcohol after work.

“He said, ‘Whatever happens on county time and on county property is county business,'” said Douglas’ wife.

The county ignored the warning signs, according to Al Gerhardstein, one of the families’ attorneys.

“The county had plenty of notice that Douglas was coming to work and was present at work while he was under the influence of alcohol and drugs,” Gerhardstein said. “Had he been stopped, these women would not have been abused.”

The county argued it should not be held liable because the cases involved unknown criminal acts of an employee.

The appeals panel opinion upholds earlier rulings by a lower court, including rejecting federal constitutional violation claims by relatives of the women whose corpses were abused.

A vibrator stuck up your butt is no way to die

0

ad_142886164-e1407855460563A 50-year-old man died after he got a vibrator stuck up his anus and left it too long to seek medical attention because he was embarrassed, an inquest has been told.

Southwark Coroners’ Court heard it took Nigel Willis five days to muster the courage to get help after accidentally lodging a dildo inside himself last year.

Mr Willis, who lived in Forest Hill with his mother, was taken to Lewisham hospital in December but succumbed to his injuries in February this year despite having the vibrator removed.

The sex object had pierced his bowel, which led him to suffer septic shock.

‘The history was that his friend or carer called an ambulance because he complained of dizziness, weakness and was unable to move from the sofa for five days,’ said Dr Adebowale Adesina, who works as a consultant at the south-east London hospital.

Mr Willis, who didn’t have a job and was single, cared for his elderly mother with the help of his neighbour.

Child Sent To ICU After Laundry Detergent Pod Explodes In Her Mouth

0

A 1-year-old boy has died after eating a laundry detergent pod while at a Kissimmee battered women’s shelter.

Laundry-PodPolice say Michael Williams was with his mother at the shelter when he ate the highly concentrated pack of laundry detergent and later died. Police are still investigating, but say they do not feel the poisoning was intentional. However, it will be up to prosecutors to file any charges once the investigation is complete.

According to the American Association of Poison Control Centers, in 2012, poison centers received reports of 6,231 exposures to the highly concentrated packets of laundry detergent by children 5 and younger. As of July of this year, that number is 5,753. In July, Tide announced it will no longer package their detergent in clear packaging, using an opaque packaging that they hope will prevent kids from thinking it is candy.

That’s cool of Tide, but Terri Durdaller, a spokesperson for the Department of Children and Families, released a statement that I thought better addressed how to prevent such accidents from happening:

“The death of little Michael is a tragedy. It reminds all of us as parents the dangers of leaving household cleaning supplies around our little ones. Unfortunately, on average we lose 20 children each year to accidental poisoning in the state of Florida,” said Durdaller. “We have had prior history with this family and at this time our investigation is open and ongoing. We continue to work with law enforcement as the investigation moves forward into the circumstances surrounding the poisoning.”

Teen Tanning On Driveway Killed When Family Member Backs Over Her Head

0

UPDATE: Marlie Hamblin has passed away from her injuries according to the family’s Facebook page, “Miracle for Marli.”

Marli-HamblinA Syracuse family is praying and hoping as a 15-year-old girl fights for her life in a hospital. Marli Hamblin was run over in her driveway Friday. She’s now in critical condition with a head injury.

“We’re hoping for the best for Marli, that some way a miracle will help her to pull through,” said her grandfather, Ron Hamblin. “But should that not be the case, we’ll just buck it up and carry on.”

Marli was listening to her iPod and sunbathing in the driveway of her Syracuse home Friday at around noon when a family member opened the garage, got into a Chevy truck, and backed up. Marli was run over in the process.

“It’s not an easy case for everybody involved–the officers, firemen, the paramedics,” said Syracuse Police Officer Erin Behm, who was one of the first on scene.”You can imagine, it was tragic,” said Behm.

“There’s just no words that can describe it or explain it at this point,” added Lance Hamblin, Marli’s cousin and LDS bishop.

“My phone hasn’t quit, people just wanting to help, wanting to do something,” he said.

Family members say Marli was getting ready to start high school and had a lot going for her. She had just made the cheer leading team at Syracuse High School.

“She’s been working diligently to perfect her skills in that area,” said Ron Hamblin.

She also plays piano and is the third of five children. This tragedy has brought her family, ward, and community together.

“They’ve been surrounded by all kinds of friends, not only family but at the hospital,” said Ron Hamblin. “My son’s a Little League football coach, and all the coaches are there supporting him. So it’s an awesome sight to see that happen.”

And all of these people are clinging to each other, trying to stay positive during a dark time “You gotta have faith, gotta have hope,” said Ron Hamblin.

“Just having faith that the Lord’s will will be done,” added Lance Hamblin. Marli’s LDS ward will be fasting for her Sunday. There’s a Facebook page supporting her called “Miracle for Marli.” Family members are posting updates there.

A fund has also been set up at America First Credit Union to help the family pay medical expenses.