Woman abandoned kids in car so she could perform oral sex on boyfriend

0

Two Louisiana women were arrested in separate incidents on the same day for abandoning their children in cars — so they could partake in the joys of shopping and fellatio.

princess-marksPrincess Marks, 25, of Lake Charles, left her two young children, ages 5 and 7, in an SUV so she could perform oral sex on her boyfriend about 12:40 a.m. Friday, authorities said.

“Both of them were crying hysterically,” Officer Kim Myers the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office told the Daily News. “While the deputies were trying to calm the children down, Princess walked up about 15 minutes later.”

At that point, she admitted she was on the other side of the parking lot in her boyfriend’s car performing oral sex, authorities said.

Marks was arrested, charged with child desertion and released on a $5,000 bond.

Deputies from Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office learned of the incident when a concerned citizen walked by the car and called the police. The SUV’s windows were down.

The children were placed in the care of family members.

Later that day, about 2:30 p.m., Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a similar call — only this time, the car was hot.

1“A woman left three babies in a car at the Prien Lake Mall. When we did a test of the temperature, it reached 130 degrees in the car,” Myers said.

Faith D. LaFleur, 26, also from Lake Charles, allegedly admitted she abandoned her three children — an 11-month-old, a 5-year-old and 2-year-old — so she could go shopping.

Two of the children were strapped in child seats while the other played with the keys in the ignition.

An ambulance was called on scene and the children were found to be sweaty, dirty and hungry.

LaFleur was arrested and charged with three counts of cruelty to a juvenile. Her bond was set at $100,000.

These incidents follow several other high-profile cases of parents abandoning their children in cars — sometimes with fatal consequences.

Mom Gave Kid Away To Heroin User To Live Life Of Normal Teenager

0

A suburban St. Louis teen mom desperate to live the life of a normal young adult gave away her toddler to a known heroin user, then claimed the woman kidnapped the tot, cops say.

Desiree-CozzoniDesiree Ann-Marie Cozzoni, 18, could only smile as she sat for her mugshot while being booked on several misdemeanor charges.

But court papers paint a sinister plot of a young woman more concerned with partying than caring for her 16-month-old son.

Earlier this month, Cozzoni drew up non-legal papers granting a heroin user, who’d lost custody of her own kids, rights to care for her child so Cozzoni could live the life of “a normal teenager,” court documents obtained by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch read.

Cozzoni even changed her phone number to prevent the woman, described as unemployed, homeless and living in motels, from contacting her.

The woman bought heroin daily and frequently used it in front of Cozzoni and the boy, both of whom crashed with the woman often, the newspaper reported.

Eventually, Cozzoni called St. Charles cops to report the woman had kidnapped her son.

Police say the report was bogus and charged Cozzoni with making a false report, endangering the welfare of a child and unlawful use of drug paraphernalia.

Cops found a pipe with marijuana residue in the teen’s purse when they booked her into jail, the Post-Dispatch reported.

Cozzoni posted $2,500 jail on Tuesday and was released. It’s unclear who now has custody of the boy, but Cozzoni, a frequent Facebook user, wrote that her first supervised visit with the child was scheduled for Thursday.

“I just wish I weren’t a bad mom,” she wrote Tuesday evening. “I wish none of this happened. I just want my baby back.”

Mother Accused Of Separating Young Daughter’s Scalp From Her Skull

0

A Beaver County woman is facing charges after allegedly pulling her 6-year-old daughter’s hair so hard that she caused internal bleeding.

Brittany-RuckAccording to police, Brittany Ruck, 25, of Conway, is charged in the Aug. 31 incident.

The criminal complaint states the girl’s scalp was separated from her skull as a result of Ruck pulling on her hair.

“The head injury was described in medical terms as traction,” said Michael Priolo, of the Conway Police Department. “It is a separation between the scalp and skull which creates a void that fills with blood. The blood ended up pulling around the eyes, giving her raccoon eyes.”

Children’s Hospital alerted police while treating the girl.

According to the criminal complaint, the child told police Ruck had, “pulled her out of a chair by her hair for her inability to count to 12.”

“The female was having a difficult time counting to 12. She could count to 10 because she had 10 fingers,” said Priolo.

The child also said Ruck pulled her into a corner by her hair the next day.

The child spent several days at Children’s Hospital. She’s since been released and is staying with a relative.

Ruck has since admitted to pulling the girl’s hair on multiple occasions.

Police say she thought she wasn’t doing anything wrong.

“Her mother had assaulted her when she was younger, and she was going back to that, saying, ‘This is what happened to me and I’m still here,’” said Priolo.

Ruck has two other kids as well, ages 4 and 1. Neighbors say she just moved into her Catherine Drive home in the spring with the children and her fiancé. KDKA’s Amy Wadas knocked on the door, but no one was home.

Police believe Ruck’s fiancé wasn’t around during the abuse and probably won’t be charged.

Ruck is being held in the Beaver County Jail on $50,000 bond. She is charged with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of children, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person.

Couple Accused Of Killing Disabled Teen By Putting Alcohol In His IV Bag

0

New developments in the death of a disabled Hardwick teenager. The case is now being called a homicide and two people are in custody.

Melissa-RobitilleThe child’s mother and her boyfriend are now facing second-degree murder charges. The couple is accused of putting alcohol in the boy’s IV.

Police say on Aug. 22 they were called to the Hardwick home of Melissa Robitille and Walter Richters. First responders say they found 13-year-old Isaac Robitille dead inside. The boy had significant medical conditions, including multiple physical handicaps that required the assistance of caretakers, feeding tubes and IVs to keep him alive. The child’s autopsy revealed he had a BAC of 0.146, almost twice the legal limit for an adult to drive.

Investigators say Melissa Robitille and Walter Richters intentionally added alcohol to their son’s IV bag. The medical examiner’s office ruled the death a homicide and said the contributing cause was alcohol.

Melissa Robitille, 38, and Richters, 38, were arrested Tuesday. They are still being processed. No word yet on when the couple will be arraigned on second-degree murder.

Tina Durant Accused Of Allowing Man To Get Her 11-Year-Old Daughter Pregnant

0

A Newton mother is charged with child endangerment after it was discovered her 12-year-old daughter became preganant as the result of alleged sexual abuse.

Tina-DurantTina M. Durant, 37, was charged Friday following an investigation in which police determined the victim was sleeping in the same bed as Jacob White, 24 of Newton, and was suspected of engaging in sexual behavior between April and May.

During a doctor’s visit the victim was heard telling Durant “I tried to tell you several times,” according to a police report.

Multiple witnesses indicated they had addressed the matter with Durant, but she refused to take any action, according to a police report. After a witness explicitatly told Durant that she had seen the victim engaging in sexual behavior, Durant still failed to protect the victim by notifiying law enforcement, the Department of Human Services or taking any action herself, according to the police report.

White was charged July 17 with third-degree sexual abuse, according to police records. In White’s arrest report it says the victim’s parents reported the alleged abuse after reading her Faceboook conversations with White.

Durant was cited and released. Her initial court appearance is scheduled for Sept. 9.

White is not in custody, but has a no contact order with the victim. A court appearance has not been scheduled for his case.

Parents turn 13-year-old daughter in to police for texting nude photos of herself to classmates

0

The parents became aware of what their 13-year-old was doing, when their other child heard voices in her bedroom around 4 a.m.

The parents then confiscated the electronics. 

sexting“Looking through the phone and the tablet we did find sexual pictures, conversations that were very inappropriate for her age,” she said.

While none of the nude photo’s showed their daughter with anyone else, there were pictures being sent back and forth with other boys.

“Everybody wanted to be her friend, because according to these people, she was cool now,” she said.

But they also made a startling discovery involving whom they believe is an area high school senior.

“We believe them to be 17-18ish… Definitely older than her. Did request that they have sex.”

The parents said that they called in the sheriff’s office to protect their daughter even though she could face criminal charges.

“We did this now to protect her for now and in the future, because this could get worse. She could be taken,” she said.

Commonwealth’s Attorney Lisa Caruso said there are other options for the teen, not necessarily going through the court system.

“What’s called diversion in the juvenile justice system. That’s a 12 week program and it would be group classes. The parents would get involved [and] there would be some counseling,” Caruso said.

However, the older teens could face felony charges depending on their ages.

The mother said while some may criticize their decision to go to sheriff’s investigators, they did so out of fear. They did not want someone to see the pictures and try to find their daughter.

“What she’s facing may be harsh, but we feel it’s for her own protection,” the mother said.

And the mother has important advice for other parents to keep their children from accessing dangerous apps.

“Please put parental controls on everything. I was informed that if you take it to the store… wherever store you buy it from, they can put all kinds of locks and controls in place, so that they can’t access these apps,” she said.

Short on money? Why not start claiming your child has terminal cancer?

0

leatha-kaye-slausonLeatha Kaye Slauson, 30, of Atlantic Iowa is facing charges linked to an allegation that she solicited money and widespread attention by claiming her 5-year-old daughter had terminal cancer. The child is not sick.

Slauson is currently charged with Felony Child Endangerment and Distribution of Drugs to a Child Under 18. That latter is a Class B felony.

The community had rallied behind efforts to help Riley Slauson enjoy what everyone believed was a life shortened by cancer. Fund-raising events helped pay for a trip to Disney World and to ease the family’s financial burden. The donations included more than $1,000 to an online donation site.

County Attorney Dan Feistner said Friday the child’s mother had admitted, “It was all, in essence, a ruse if you will on her part.”

The alleged scam began to take shape in October, 2013. Atlantic Police Chief Steve Green said, “She brought forth the story that the child was declining in health,” and a flood of support followed.

That story escalated through an elaborate web that drew in donations by word of mouth and Internet outreach.

Feistner said, “The community of Cass County, city of Atlantic commenced a flow-blown support of this individual.”

How much money was involved in this is uncertain. Feistner said, “It’s difficult to determine at this time,” but the donations involved checks, cash and payment for goods and services.

The story began to unravel as Riley was preparing to enter kindergarten. The school was looking into setting up a program for Riley and authorities say the medical contacts involved in that process turned up irregularities.

That triggered a rapidly unfolding investigation that resulted in charges within 24 hours.

Riley and four siblings are now in their father’s custody. Investigators say Leatha Slauson is the only person who appears to have been involved in any allegedly illegal activity.

She is currently being held in the county jail. Bond was initially withheld. A magistrate will review the case with the addition of the drug charge that was added Friday after the original Child Endangerment charge was filed.

The drug involved was Cannabis oil and Riley tested positive for that.

Feistner said, “There was a presence of THC in the child. That’s correct.”

The investigation is ongoing. The prosecutor said it’s possible that other legal action could follow. “Fraud, theft, I think there are possible other charges,” he said but that’s speculative at this point in the case.

Both Feistner and Chief Green said that while all of this appears to have been a con, what was genuine was the response of the community to the plight of an ostensibly ill child.

Chief Green said, “This isn’t the first time this community has stepped up for people. We do it for everybody.”

The chief himself donated to the cause.

“I did,” he said. “As a matter of fact my wife had cancer last year so we’re pretty invested in the situation.”

Feistner said communities near and far have contributed thousands of dollars. The money that’s been accounted for is currently frozen. Feistner says it’s not yet clear what will become of the funds.