The Times of Wayne County was the first to report and investigate this incident. By reading this report you can find out how much Daniels and his father-in-law can expect to recover for damages if the boys are found guilty.
Clyde Village Police took the children back to their parents and filed felony criminal charges of Burglary 2nd Degree and Criminal Mischief 2nd Degree. Those cases will be handled in Family Court and the results of each case is likely to remain sealed.
On Monday police returned to Daniels’ home and arrested him on four counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
The parents of the children insisted on the charges according to authorities. They claim that their children were shoved into the closet, that one was grabbed around the neck, and that Daniels’ threatened them with the hammer.
Daniels was arraigned on those charges and is due back in court later this month. The maximum sentence on each charge is one year in county jail.
Wayne County District Attorney Richard Healy tells 13WHAM News that the entire incident is still under investigation and he is still gathering information.
While Healy can decide not to prosecute he said he does not have enough information at this time to make that decision.
Traveling through Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport? Need a little extra spiritual guidance to keep your sanity through security?
Look no further than down at the ground. Jesus Christ is there for you.
Apparently, some think a smudge in the Lord’s image has appeared on the floor near the security checkpoints at Terminal 3.
The image was first reported by the New Times’ Robrt L. Pela, whose TSA worker friend told him about “Tile Jesus.”
“He looks a little bit more like the Zig Zag Rolling Papers man than other Jesuses I’ve seen, but it’s definitely Him,” Pela writes.
Reports of Jesus Christ’s appearances in ordinary – even unlikely – objects are not uncommon. His likeness has famously made cameos on numerous pieces of toast and, most recently, in bird droppings on a windshield in New York.
More than 10,000 bottles of alcohol — gone.
The liquor in question, Chicken Cock Whiskey, is an unforgettable name with ties to the Prohibition era. The alcohol was back in market for the past four months, after a near century long hiatus, when a batch of 884 cases that was headed to Texas, was stolen.
NBC affiliate WCBD spoke with owner Matti Antilla on the phone. He says, “It was a substantial order, almost a thousand cases. They left the distillery on Friday and I learned on Monday morning that they had been stolen.”
Anttila is now offering a reward of a whopping $10,000 for information leading to the return of the liquor. Sounds like a lot? Well, the bottles cost much more.
Anttila estimates that the amount of bottles taken have a retail value of $200,000, but could go for as much as $1.4 million if sold through restaurants and bars.
“It’s a meaningful amount. It is about a month’s worth of inventory for us,” said Antilla. “We are hopeful that it can be recovered. It is a lot of product to get rid of quietly.”
Ahhh ….. young love ….. Teen tells ex-girlfriend to cut apology into her arm with knife … oh and eat sticks!
A 16-year-old boy in Myrtle Beach may face charges after his ex-girlfriend told police he told her to cut an apology into her arm and tried to make her eat sticks.
At around 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, a Horry County Police officer responded to a home on Carolina Farms Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, where the 16-year-old victim’s mother told police she feared for her daughter’s safety.
She said her daughter walked from the Farm subdivision to Avalon to apologize to her ex-boyfriend in order for him to stop bothering her.
The daughter told police that while walking down a path earlier that day, her ex-boyfriend got in front of her and would not let her leave. She says he grabbed her neck and tried to cut her hair with a Swiss Army Knife, and then stabbed her with the corkscrew.
The report states the boy then handed her the knife with the blade out and told her to cut her apology into her skin. The girl said after she refused, the suspect stole her glasses. Authorities say the boy then agreed to trade her glasses for his knife, and when she got her glasses back, she ran to a public area and dropped the knife.
The victim said at one point during the incident, the boy grabbed her hair and tried to make her eat small wooden sticks from the ground.
The police report says officers tried to reach the boy to follow-up on their investigation.
Teacher of the year thinks having sex with high school students is disgusting, she prefers middle schoolers instead
Malia Brooks, 32, was booked on suspicion of five sex-related counts. Authorities would not divulge the age of the victim or whether he was a student in Brook’s class, although NBC Los Angeles reported that he was a student at the school, which serves children in kindergarten through sixth grade.
Officials said the relationship began in late 2012 and lasted four months, according to CBS Los Angeles.
Investigation of Brooks began in February 2013, after Simi Valley Unified School District officials learned of alleged inappropriate conduct between the teacher and a student. Brooks was placed on administrative leave during the investigation, and resigned June 5.
In court Wednesday, Brooks pleaded not guilty to charges of lewd acts on a child, oral copulation of a person under 14 years of age and three counts of genital penetration by a foreign object, according to CBS Los Angeles.
Brooks’ attorney said his client suffers from mental illness.
“We’ve had her diagnosed and she’s in treatment,” Bamieh told NBC Los Angeles. “My guess is a lot of the charges precipitated from that illness.”
According to KTLA, Brooks, who had worked at the school district since 2004, was once married with two children, but is now divorced.
In a statement obtained Wednesday by NBC, school district Superintendent Kathy Scroggin said that Brooks had “been evaluated until now as an exemplary teacher” and reassured parents that “the district has taken every precaution to ensure the safety of students.”
An 11-year-old Auckland boy fathered a child after having sex with a school friend’s 36-year-old mother.
The woman’s son took a day off school and encouraged his friend to do likewise, spending the day at his home.
During the course of the day, the woman gave the boy beer and then later took part in a sexual encounter with him.
The sexual contact continued for a number of months after the initial encounter. The boy had turned 12 by the time the child was born.
Social services took the baby into care about two months ago.
The boy approached his principal in his office about two-thirds of the way through the 2012 school year and told him he had a disclosure to make.
“You won’t be very happy with me,” he recalled the boy saying. He said he had been having sex with his friend’s mother “and it needs to stop.”
A Sarnia couple who set out to build a fence dug up more than they bargained for recently when they unearthed a 400-year-old skeleton and got stuck with a $5,000 bill from the province.
The archeological misadventure began two weeks ago when Ken Campbell came across some bones while digging post holes in their backyard.
He put them aside, thinking they must have belonged to an animal. The following week, his wife, Nicole Sauve, asked about the bones, which sat unceremoniously atop a bucket of earth
What they found was the rest of the skeleton of an aboriginal woman.
The OPP, who taped off the couple’s backyard, called in forensic anthropologist Michael Spence to examine the site.
Spence told the Star that the skeleton was that of a woman who was about 24 years old when she died, probably in the late 1500s or early 1600s.
The condition of her teeth led him to suspect she was part of hunting, gathering and fishing society.
The couple lives by the Blue Water Bridge, an area that once was the centre of an Ojibwa trade network. Spence said the woman is probably a descendant of those merchants.
After Spence determined there was no recent foul play involved, the Registrar of Cemeteries was contacted. They told Sauve she had to hire an archeologist to conduct an assessment in her backyard — at her own expense.
Under Ontario’s Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, property owners are responsible for the costs of an archeological assessment if human remains are found on their land.
Sauve, whose final bill is for $5,000, has appealed to the mayor of Sarnia to pay the archeologist. She’s steadfast in her belief that it doesn’t matter what level of government steps in to pay, as long as she doesn’t have to.
“I did the right thing by her . . . and this is what’s happening,” she said.
Sauve said she’s heard that people from the nearby Aamjiwnaang First Nation are raising money to pay the bill, but they haven’t approached her directly. No one from the band council office was available Friday to confirm those efforts.
Bob Bailey, the MPP for the area, saw her story in the local newspaper and his staff did some research into the couple’s predicament. He found out that Sauve can make a request to the Registrar of Cemeteries to determine if paying for the excavation would be considered an “undue financial burden.” The registrar will then either reimburse her or pay the bill directly.
Bailey said he has spoken to the minister of consumer services (the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act falls under her purview) and her staff, and intends to make sure Sauve won’t have to pay.
Sauve originally wanted to keep the skeleton of the woman — whom she named Sephira, after her granddaughter — where she was, but found out her land would have to be re-surveyed and another deed issued stating there’s a cemetery on the land.
She reluctantly agreed to have the bones disinterred and reinterred at the cemetery on the Aamjiwnaang First Nation. The woman is likely distantly related to the residents of the reserve nearby.
They performed a traditional ceremony at her house when they first found the bones, and then again after they moved her. The cemetery has a space specially designated for repatriated remains, where the skeleton now rests.
Sauve said people have been telling her that if they end up in a similar situation, they won’t alert authorities and risk having to fork over the cash to pay the bill.
“That is awful,” she said. “God forbid you have a murder victim, and you cover them up. Never will that person be brought home; never will their family have closure.”
Lakshmi Tatma, a 2 year-old girl born with four arms and four legs is thought to be the reincarnation of the Hindu Goddess Vishnu.
Children born with deformities are often viewed as reincarnated gods. Lakshmi is no different. She is named after the four-armed Hindu Goddess of wealth Vishnu, and her parents say she is revered in her village.
“Everybody considers her a goddess at our village,” said her father, Shambhu.
Lakshmi was born joined to a “parasitic twin” and absorbed the undeveloped fetus’ limbs, kidneys and organs when it failed to fully develop still inside the mothers womb.
Last Wednesday, however, she underwent a 24 hour surgery to give her a normal body.
The surgery went “wonderfully well,” said Dr. Sharan Patil who led a team of more than 30 surgeons at a hospital in the southern city of Bangalore that performed the marathon procedure to remove the child’s extra limbs, salvage her organs and rebuild her pelvis area.
“This girl can now lead as good a life as anyone else,” Patil said.
Lakshmi’s parents, who were expected to see the girl later Wednesday, said they were very relieved.
“It will be great to see our daughter have a normal body,” her father Shambhu said. “We were worried for her future.”
Doctors at Sparsh Hospital in Bangalore estimated the surgery cost US$625,000, but they did it for free because the girl’s family could not afford it.
“We are very grateful to all the doctors for seeing our plight and deciding to help us,” Shambhu said.
A few weeks ago, a video on a nine-year-old kid driving a Ferrari went viral on Youtube. The video received good comments, but it also received lots of criticisms saying that the act was dangerous and that the parents are putting the life of their child into danger.
Mohammed Nisham, the father of the child was arrested by the police for letting a minor drive a car around and endangering his son’s life. He was released not long after he bailed out with 5,000 Rupees (US$ 90).
The video was filmed by the child’s mother, and shows their son driving the Ferrari F430 around with his five-year-old brother on the passenger’s seat.
The boy’s father, who has a thriving tobacco and real estate business, is said to own 18 cars worth an estimated $4 million.
While the car is still in the hands of the police, the Ferrari is said to be returned to the family after further investigation.
Meanwhile, the parents of the child aren’t embarrassed even after the incident.”I am proud of him. He’s been driving since he was 5,” said his mother, Amal Nisham.
She said the boy has also driven the family’s Lamborghini and Bentley and other cars. Also, it was apparently the boy’s 9th birthday and since he had asked his parents to let him drive the car, they allowed him to do so.
“He is a cautious and confident driver,” she said. “It’s not easy for a child to achieve such a feat at this young age,” she added.