Teenage girl nearly loses her sight after parasite grows on her contact lens and begins eating through her eye

article-2300079-18F57B9F000005DC-546_634x396

Ashley Hyde, from Pembroke Pines, Florida, had to endure a procedure where an optician drilled into her eye after the bacteria began eating through her cornea. Doctors found she was suffering from an acanthamoeba infection, a parasite  found in water and soil that can spread through contact lens use, cuts or skin wounds. It left her with blurred vision and she still needs to undergo months of treatment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s