- Those with SILK bedding have more sex than everyone else
- Duvets are the LEAST passionate bedding
- On average, people have sex 2.55 times per week
Fifty Shades of Grey’s leading man has a Red Room of Pain in which his X-rated exploits occur.
But if Christian Grey wanted to get even luckier in there, perhaps he should have painted it lilac.
People with purple bedrooms have the most sex, according to a new study.
People with purple bedrooms have more sex than any those with rooms leaning towards any other colour scheme – and those with silk bedding see more aciton than anyone else
Clocking up 3.49 intimate encounters every week, couples with purple bedclothes, walls or furniture have more sex than those with rooms leaning towards any other colour scheme.
People with red bedrooms notch up a pretty respectable 3.18 sex sessions per week onto their crimson bedposts, while those with sky blue boudoirs manage 3.14.
Putting up a valiant battle not to be outdone by those at the top, people with pink bedrooms make love on average 3.02 times every week, and couples with black rooms slip just below the 3.0 mark with an average of 2.99 times.
Meanwhile, those poor loveless souls in grey rooms tend to have sex only 1.8 times per week, green only 1.89 and beige only 1.97, all below the national average of 2.55.
On the other end of the spectrum, people who snuggle up under duvets may be snuggling up alone: beds with duvets see action only 1.8 times per week, compared with bed clothes made of cotton (2.72), nylon (2.35) and even polyester (2.33).
Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, Homes Style Expert for Lttlewoods.com, said: ‘For years I have been telling British homeowners, a beige bedroom makes for a beige sex life.
‘That’s one thing I wouldn’t want to wish on anyone.’
BEDROOM COLOUR / SEX PER WEEK
1. Purple – 3.49 2. Red – 3.18 3. Sky blue – 3.14 4. Pink – 3.02 5. Black – 2.99 6. Navy blue – 2.76 7. Yellow – 2.43 8. Orange - 2.36 9. Brown – 2.10 10. White – 2.02 11. Beige – 1.97 12. Green - 1.89 13. Grey – 1.80
TYPE OF BEDDING / SEX PER WEEK
1. Silk – 4.35 2. Cotton – 2.72 3. Nylon – 2.35 4. Polyester - 2.33 5. Duvet – 1.80