Man Injured When “Sparkler Bomb” Blows Up …. what is a sparkler bomb?

A 19-year-old Kenner man remains hospitalized after a homemade “sparkler  bomb” went off in his hands late Tuesday night.

The device, made from 144 sparklers wrapped in duct tape, went off when  Daniel Duzac tried to remove the fuse.

The explosion reportedly cost Duzac his left hand, at least two fingers on  his right hand and caused severe burns to his arms and legs.  The  blast was powerful enough to shatter the windshields of three vehicles parked  outside Duzac’s apartment in the 2700 block of Sharon Street.

Police Chief Steve Caraway says the device exploded when Duzac tried to  remove a fuse he had already lighted.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s